Unopposed Matters Uploaded on Caselines 07 May 20212021-05-06
RAF Civil Trial Roll – Allocations – 6 May 2021 Part 32021-05-07
|Notice With Regard To Settlement Roll Before Judge Fourie
- You are requested to file a Memorandum of Settlement with regard to the following:
- Contingency fee agreement (whether applicable and where to find it).
- With regard to the quantum a full explanation and motivation should be given with reference to each of the components and how that amount is computed.
- It should be borne in mind that the court is not bound to any settlement as this kind of litigation concerns the handling of public funds. It may therefore be necessary to also appear and motivate the settlement.
- The matters will be adjudicated on paper only as submitted to Me Gillissen referred to in par 7 below, unless there is a request for an oral hearing (to be set out in the memorandum referred to above) or if a party is called upon to appear. Counsel is therefore requested to be available for an oral hearing when it may necessary.
- A copy of a letter by the RAF confirming the settlement should be filed.
- A proper Draft Order, prepared in Word format, should also be filed. The memorandum, confirmation letter and Draft Order must be sent to Me Gillissen at firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:00, failing which the matter may be struck off the roll.
- It is the duty of the plaintiff’s attorney to ensure that the matter concerned is fully uploaded onto case lines and that the Judge and his secretary (invite to email@example.com) will have access to it.
- A failure to comply fully with this notice may result in the matter be struck off the roll.
Amended May 2021