Appearance Directive Unopposed Motions Kromhout AJ 28 January 20212021-01-28
Gauteng High Court Pretoria Day Roll (29 January 2021)2021-01-29
NOTICE WITH REGARD TO SETTLEMENT ROLL BEFORE JUDGE MILLAR (AJ) – 29 JANUARY 2021
Matters will be dealt with on virtual platform and the representative will receive a link for the hearing that is scheduled for 29 January 2021 at 09:00.
- You are requested to file a Memorandum of Settlement with regard to the following:
- Contingency fee agreement (whether applicable and where to find it).
- With regard to the quantum a full explanation and motivation should be given with reference to each of the components and how that amount is computed.
- It should be borne in mind that the court is not bound to any settlement as this kind of litigation concerns the handling of public funds. It may therefore be necessary to also appear and motivate the settlement.
- A copy of a letter by the RAF confirming the settlement should be filed.
- A proper Draft Order, prepared in Word format, should also be filed.
- The memorandum, confirmation letter and Draft Order must be uploaded to CaseLines by 16:00 on 28 January 2021.
- Counsel must be ready to join the meeting on 29 January 2021 which will be scheduled for 09:00.
- It is the duty of the plaintiff’s attorney to ensure that the matter concerned is fully uploaded onto case lines and that the Judge and his secretary (invite to JHefer@judiciary.org.za) will have access to it if it becomes necessary.
- No invitations have been received by JHefer@judiciary.org.za for the following matters on roll 2: 3, 4, 5, 9, 11, 14, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48. Kindly send invitations before 16:00 on 28 January 2021.
All draft orders in Word format may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A failure to comply with this notice may result in the matter to be removed from the roll.
29 January 2021