RAF Trial Matters Before Collis J – (19 March 2021)2021-03-19
Unopposed Matters Uploaded on Caselines 25 March 20212021-03-19
PRACTICE DIRECTIVE FOR THE UNOPPOSED MOTIONS FOR WEEK 23 TO 26 MARCH 2021 BEFORE MADAM JUSTICE PICK AJ
- Cases must be ready for hearing, Indexed and Paginated and all documents uploaded on caselines by Thursday 18 March 2021 at 12h00 – at which time the Bundle will be frozen.
- The parties must indicate by Friday at 12h00 to the Judges’ Registrar if the matter has become settled and reading of the papers is not necessary.
- In all matters becoming Settled:
- A draft Court Order is to be uploaded.
- A duly singed Submissions Document shall be prepared on all matters becoming settled, involving “Y” matters. The Submissions document shall abide by the prescriptions as provided in paragraphs 55 to 59 of Directive 01 of 2021 of this Division.
- The RAF letter of Consent to Settlement shall be loaded on Caselines or email to the Judges’ Registrar at the date of hearing of the matter.
- Expert Witnesses shall file Affidavits confirming the content of their Reports.
- Heads of Argument and Practice Notes shall be filed in all matters, especially with regard to quantum of damages and/or relief sought.
- Lastly, if there is NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PRACTICE DIRECTIVE, the matter will be removed or struck from the roll, unless good cause is shown for non-compliance.
- Clear return of service – and reference to the notice of set down is a pre-requisite to any Order being granted.
- All hearings will take place via videoconferencing. The applicant in each matter is tasked with providing the Judges’ Registrar via practice note all the contact details, including email addresses of the Counsel for sending the link of the virtual hearing.
Mr Kalls v Wyk
012 314 9078