Outcomes for the Urgent Applications Roll before Judge Collis – 21 January 20212021-01-22
Unopposed Matters Uploaded on Caselines 29 January 20212021-01-22
NOTICE WITH REGARD TO SETTLEMENT ROLL BEFORE JUDGE FOURIE
- You are requested to file a Memorandum of Settlement with regard to the following:
- Contingency fee agreement (whether applicable and where to find it).
- With regard to the quantum a full explanation and motivation should be given with reference to each of the components and how that amount is computed.
- It should be borne in mind that the court is not bound to any settlement as this kind of litigation concerns the handling of public funds. It may therefore be necessary to also appear and motivate the settlement.
- The matters will be adjudicated on paper only as submitted to Me Gillissen referred to in par 7 below, unless there is a request for an oral hearing (to be set out in the memorandum referred to above) or if a party is called upon to appear. Counsel is therefore requested to be available for an oral hearing when it may necessary.
- A copy of a letter by the RAF confirming the settlement should be filed.
- A proper Draft Order, prepared in Word format, should also be filed. It should also contain at the end thereof the following particulars: DS FOURIE JUDGE OF THE HIGH COURT PRETORIA where the order is to be signed.
- The memorandum, confirmation letter and Draft Order must be sent to Me Gillissen at firstname.lastname@example.org before 13:00.
- It is the duty of the plaintiff’s attorney to ensure that the matter concerned is fully uploaded onto case lines and that the Judge and his secretary (invite to email@example.com) will have access to it if it becomes necessary.
- A failure to comply with this notice may result in the matter be struck off the roll.
Amended 4 December 2020